FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:53 pm
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
Thanks. It is quite infuriating that they drop you at B after a transatlantic flight. It makes more sense to use A since the vast majority of connecting passengers are going to Schengen. But I suppose being dropped in A does not help with the security issue.

Giving it some more thought, it would be fantastic if they dropped US arrivals exclusively in A so that they are all "clean" and can skip security and proceed to their Schengen flights. Non-Schengen can also skip security and proceed to B (if their flight is departing from there).

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Passport control inside B non-Schengen bus arrivals has been there for a few years but I believe it is only open during the morning rush hour (5-8am) according to this post. Passport control and security beyond were clearly shown on this map on the old version of FRA airport app but the latest version no longer includes them.

B non-Schengen bus arrivals are marked in gold on the map below. I can imagine it leads to the area very close to the start of the tunnel marked in green on the map.

A non-Schengen bus arrivals are opposite (Schengen) bus gates A6-10 marked in yellow. As you will see on the map below it is very close to Exit 1A (and the FCT if that's your destination).