FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:35 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gnaget
I don't know if this is newish but a couple of weeks ago there was a passport control there on the ground level just after you got off the bus for B non-Schengen arrivals with signage pointing to arrivals and A gates. Then you walk down the corridor toward the airside part of the terminal and then make a U-turn to security and I am actually not sure if this is transit security only or part of the normal security set up.

In the past, I recall taking the escalator up to terminal B immigration and then down again for security. Not sure if this is the same security as described above.
Passport control inside B non-Schengen bus arrivals has been there for a few years but I believe it is only open during the morning rush hour (5-8am) according to this post. Passport control and security beyond were clearly shown on this map on the old version of FRA airport app but the latest version no longer includes them.

B non-Schengen bus arrivals are marked in gold on the map below. I can imagine it leads to the area very close to the start of the tunnel marked in green on the map.

A non-Schengen bus arrivals are opposite (Schengen) bus gates A6-10 marked in yellow. As you will see on the map below it is very close to Exit 1A (and the FCT if that's your destination).