FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC-WAS - RJ only??
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:12 pm
Indelaware

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Making the majority of commuter runs on the eastern seaboard RJ makes total business sense and will be followed by all airlines of substance.
I disagree here. Market demand has encouraged the airlines to offer abundant frequency without regards to efficiency. In the WAS-NYC-BOS market we should largely have full mainline (and perhaps even wide-body) services.

While airlines should be responsive to customer demand, certain markets ought be regulated in the interests of both fuel conservation and air space decongestant -- both of which are good for airline and passenger.

Originally Posted by DCA writer
I wouldn't mind seeing UA hand over travel between D.C. and EWR to Amtrak via its existing codeshare. I can't imagine there's any connecting travel through DCA to risk, travel time factoring in typical EWR delays might not be that longer, and UA could make much better use of those DCA slots.
+1 And while we are at it, I'd be favor of expanding the code-share to put UA numbers on all 2V single-train services connecting to flights at both EWR and BWI. Even if the added traffic isn't great, I can't see how this wouldn't be a win-win-win for UA, 2V, and passengers. The only ones likely to be hurt would be AA, DL, US, & WN.