FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:06 am
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There are actually A non-Schengen arrivals as well as A Schengen arrivals. I don't know how they decide where to drop passengers (A or B) but sometimes arrivals from the UK are taken to A non-Schengen arrivals. I think the official route from B non-Schengen arrivals to an A Schengen gate is to go up the escalator, through passport control, down one level, turn right, through security and through the tunnel to A. (I haven't followed this route for some time, so if someone knows the actual route please confirm or correct.)

Even if you are dropped at A non-Schengen arrivals you cannot avoid transfer security but if your destination is FRA (or if you are walking to the FCT ) passport control inside A non-Schengen arrivals always seems to be very quiet with hardly any queues. It's also only a few minutes' walk to the FCT.
I don't know if this is newish but a couple of weeks ago there was a passport control there on the ground level just after you got off the bus for B non-Schengen arrivals with signage pointing to arrivals and A gates. Then you walk down the corridor toward the airside part of the terminal and then make a U-turn to security and I am actually not sure if this is transit security only or part of the normal security set up.

In the past, I recall taking the escalator up to terminal B immigration and then down again for security. Not sure if this is the same security as described above.