FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:27 am
Lane412000

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Walked out of Grosvenor House Executive Lounge

Well first for me, asked to leave a Marriott property executive lounge. We arrived at the hotel today, which is quite nice. Unfortunately the luggage did not make it. So we have walked around while waiting for the bags to arrive. During our walks we have stopped into the executive lounge three separate times.

This evening while sitting in the lounge I went to a restroom located in the lounge. When I walked out the bathroom one of executive lounge reps was waiting to speak to me. He informed me that there was a dress code for lounge access and my long sleeve shirt, cargo pants and crocks (travel clothes) were inappropriate and I would have to leave the lounge.

I explained about delayed luggage and told him I would leave but needed to go and get my wife. He started to stop me and I assured him I would get her and we would leave the lounge.

There is a dress code and believe me I am no where close to casual elegant, but there are many people in the lounge not close to casual elegant. It was quite embarrassing to be walked out of an executive lounge especially after having nice conversation throughout the day with other lounge members.

Not that it should mean anything but I am a lifetime platinum

Last edited by Lane412000; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:28 am Reason: Addition