FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:19 am
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by chillcoat
Hi everyone,

First post after lurking on this forum for several years, and it’s to request some help in piecing together a TP run disguised as a holiday (or should that be the other way around?).

My wife and I are thinking of a holiday to Hawaii next year (probably September 2015). I’d like to see if we could each get to BA Silver as a result of the trip for a reasonable sum of money on top of what it costs anyway to get there.

It will probably be our only long haul trip next year so I can’t count on getting more than a handful of TPs from trips around Europe.

I’m not an ITA matrix pro but have been looking on Google’s flight search engine for trips starting around Europe . Dublin seems the cheapest place to start from, but even so the prices for either September this year or March next year (obviously Sep 2015 not yet available to book) are coming in at £2k for business, as opposed to £770 in economy.

Tickets to HNL or LAX would be fine. I have enough Avios to get from LAX to HNL if we can get enough TPs to LAX.

I’ve read on this thread people getting tickets for more like £1500 for an ex-EU HNL trip. Are there time periods when these kind of fares are available, or have fares increased recently on a permanent basis?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
as Filthy Monkey has said, there are some good runs to HNL possible (I am doing one earning 1,270 for £1,450 ish later in the year).

Those ex EU (I7 / I8 fare codes) sales are typically at similar times to ex UK sales - though often longer and more frequent.

Given you have plenty of time, I would stick around and wait - you should easily save £500 and get something ex EU for £1,500 to Hawaii and again, as has been said, 1,000 plus TPs is easily achievable even without a HEL routing (e.g. AMS - LON - MIA - LAX - HNL).

welcome to FT, the BAEC Forum and in particular this thread btw!