FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The DC Area Happy Hour Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:38 pm
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I did go out on the 1st silver train from courthouse. The views as the train approaches the McLean station are very impressive. I also like the aviation look of the new stations as well. Lots of bus connections at the Reston station if one has a need to go places other than Reston. What I really like is the fact that one can go the the Air & Space museum at Dulles airport with just a simple bus connection (every 20 or 30 minutes during opening hours). For a family it still makes sense to drive, but for solo visitors, a much need improvement. Lastly, no new cars on the line at the moment. And, it is a looong way to Reston. I thought going out to Franconia was a long trip. Add another 10 minutes.

As for resturant week, any one interested in a lunch instead of dinner, even a weekend lunch? I am very flexible.
The Washington Flyer Bus now runs between Wiehle-Reston and IAD. While it is cheaper ($5 versus $10 one way), the overall trip has to be longer. The West Falls Church bus took 25 minutes. I am guessing the trip will take more time with all the stops.