FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow--UA FC fares vs WN fares DEN--PIT
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:04 pm
ursine1

Originally Posted by nsx
It takes repetition and time for the message to reach FT readers at Southwest and for the message to then diffuse up to the offices of management. If FT readers and the front line employees are hearing the same story of disappointment, change may occur. Eventually.

For example, I'm guessing that management is just now becoming aware that most customers truly do dislike the new seats.

As a positive example, the March 2014 devaluation of RR was announced without the traditional "enhancement" baloney. I count that as a victory for FT, since essentially everyone here recommends an approach that respects our intelligence. I argued unsuccessfully for that approach on the (then rumored) announcement of RR 2.0. Maybe customers' harsh reaction to that Pollyannish announcement was a message received and understood.
They may be listening, but they're definitely not acting on what they hear when internal forces (read: bottom-line) overwhelm customer feedback.

The Evolve interiors aren't going away.

I'm curious: What about the March 2014 devaluation (from 60 pts/$ to 70 pts/$) could possibly have been announced as an enhancement?