FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:03 pm
Filthy Monkey

Programs: BA GGL
Hi Chillcoat,

Welcome to the BA board. It's nice to have you here. Hopefully you'll pick up lots of useful tips and, in time, contribute some of your own.

The Hawaii route is a great one for maximising tier points. In fact, rather than just silver, you could both get pretty close to gold if you work out your routing correctly! I'm actually flying to Maui this weekend, ex-AMS, using a route deal I found in a sale in April, picking up 1,200 tier points for just £1,331 in business and US domestic First. I know some others spent a little more, routing out via Helsinki for around £1,500 for 1,500 points, so straight to Gold. If you plan it right you can include a weekend in Europe at the start of your trip to kick things off, or just fly out and back on the same day. There are regular sales from various European countries, with the best for Hawaii often being Amsterdam, Brussels, Luxembourg and Stockholm. Keep an eye on this thread for details and don't worry about booking for next year just yet. You have plenty of time

Originally Posted by chillcoat
Hi everyone,

First post after lurking on this forum for several years, and it’s to request some help in piecing together a TP run disguised as a holiday (or should that be the other way around?).

My wife and I are thinking of a holiday to Hawaii next year (probably September 2015). I’d like to see if we could each get to BA Silver as a result of the trip for a reasonable sum of money on top of what it costs anyway to get there.

It will probably be our only long haul trip next year so I can’t count on getting more than a handful of TPs from trips around Europe.

I’m not an ITA matrix pro but have been looking on Google’s flight search engine for trips starting around Europe . Dublin seems the cheapest place to start from, but even so the prices for either September this year or March next year (obviously Sep 2015 not yet available to book) are coming in at £2k for business, as opposed to £770 in economy.

Tickets to HNL or LAX would be fine. I have enough Avios to get from LAX to HNL if we can get enough TPs to LAX.

I’ve read on this thread people getting tickets for more like £1500 for an ex-EU HNL trip. Are there time periods when these kind of fares are available, or have fares increased recently on a permanent basis?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!