FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How the TSA beat fliers into submission
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:40 pm
redtigeriii

Agreed. So many people don't care about what rights they are giving up, they just want to get through the checkpoint quickly. Then you try to point out that going through the body scanners takes much longer than WTMD, but it falls on deaf ears.

Then you have the trusted traveler program, where more and more inexperienced flyers are getting randomly chosen to enter the lanes, thus clogging down the lanes eventually. My home airport now apparently at many times has the pre-check lane feed a body scanner. It seems to be a giant bait and switch scheme getting people to sign up and promising this and that, then changing it after all. I sure picked the right time to complete my GE enrollment.

People should be up in arms over the fee increase, but I haven't seen it. They should be up in arms over the sexual harassment, the thousands standing around, the general incompetence of the agency. But it seems like people just view it as status-quo nowadays, maybe another example of government waste. I just shake my head when I see one after another after another enter the body scanners with their hands up in the air. It just doesn't seem to matter to many people. Unfortunately I still think it will get worse before it ever gets better...