FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of LOT - or a little story how to make sure customers don't come back..
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:55 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Lack
I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Didn't end up well for the drunkard, but I'm not sure if his long term memory even registered the event - sadly w/o bankrupting a guy for emergency landing costs and such, the fines for just unruly behavior are even lower then airlines IDB compensation AFAIK.
AFAIR the standard of proof in a court when you bring down a plane are very, very high, as the airline needs to demonstrate that there was no alternative.
My experience with UA is quite the opposite. I was once even offered a bottle of bubbly to take home after I used my yearly drink-chit allowance for fellow pax.
Yes UA has no standards - my seat neighbor on the infamous LAX-SYD hat an army of 12+ mini bottles on his drink tablet when I ordered my 5th diet coke. Seconds later the purser stomped over to me and barked "you are cut off! No more drinks for you and if you show up near the galley, you will be reported".

I had a hard time getting more to drink as "she cut me off". In the end I got my diet coke, she reported me ... but the Aussie authorities showed zero interest in "the case".
Probably thats why Europe is moving to PIN-based authentication (opening
another can of worms in the process, weakening consumer protection).
A next new income scheme for skilled scammers ...
Yep, and it's would have been a no-risk for OP. Test came up negative - OP was sober and can strengthen his case. Come up positive - just ditch it.
Maybe to a bacteria culture back in ZRH ... then all loopholes are closed ...
And if the plane catches some rough air and shakes up OP stomach content during the flight like a short jog does, would you suggest the pilot took a different route?
My experience is that airlines don't care much about that. I was on vomit bombers before and while the crew was helpful, the pilots made no major evasive maneuvers.