FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tinted Windows on Rental?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:54 am
fried.food.is.good

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Tinted Windows on Rental?

I rented a car in ATL last week (white Camry with about 22k miles) and the windows were tinted (all 4 windows - even front driver and passenger side windows).

When I returned the car, I asked the person who checked the car in why Hertz tinted the windows on this car. He said Hertz doesn't tint windows, customers do. On their own dime. He told me a story about a guy who rented a vehicle for a weekend and the first place he went to was a tint shop to tint the windows.

He said that he sees about 1 car a week with tinted windows and that the workers will remove the tint if they have time. It may just be me but I wouldn't pay out of pocket to tint windows on a car that I am renting for a few days. That said, both of my cars (that I own) have tinted windows so I understand the benefits.

Question 1 - Have any of you driven a Hertz vehicle with after market window tint? If so, where? I imagine most of this would be done in the South where the sun can scorch a car.
Question 2 - Have any of you actually tinted the windows on a Hertz vehicle, and why (sun, privacy, etc)?