FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:17 am
RichieIRL

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FT, RichieIRL!

There is no such thing as the usual arrival gate for most flights in FRA. Yesterday it was B22, today it was C02 and tomorrow it is expected to be bus arrival in B. In other words it could be anywhere (mostly B or B bus gates) and you cannot predict.

50 mins is quite a tight connection in FRA. I did a 55 mins' connection from a lower C gate (non-Schengen) to an A gate a couple of months ago and managed it despite the incoming flight arriving 12 mins late but I wouldn't like to repeat it often. My departure gate was A13 which is about the nearest gate to security/passport control which helped.

You will have to clear securitiy not because Ireland is non-Schengen but because FRA can't/won't deal with arrivals from non-Schengen EU countries well. You will have to follow the signs and move as quickly as you can. Gates A58-69 are quite a lot further from the central area than A13 and are bus gates. Provided you are on one ticket they will put you on the next available flight to ATH should you miss your connection.

Good luck!
Thanks, what I'm taking from that is that if the stars align and we run the whole way we might be ok. If we land at a bus gate into Frankfurt we're probably goosed.

Do they put you on the next available plane, even if according to the Lufthansa website it's currently sold out?