FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New C on LH: Type of headphones
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:54 am
hamallu

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by tomjtx
Interesting. Audiophiles refer to Bose as Blose :-). For home audio that's not inaccurate IMO. But their headphones are decent and have an off switch so you can converse with the FA w/o removing the phones. I believe they are closed , over ear so the sound isolation might be better than the Senns.

I only use NC phones for the IFE. For music I have 2 high end universal IEMs and one custom running through an Ipod Classic into a Ray Samuels amp. Yes, I'm an Audiofool :-)
Haha, had a similar conversation regarding Bose vs. Sennheisers over in the CX forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...provement.html

Just to note, the QC3 are closed and supra-aural whilst the old Sennheiser HDC 55 is semi-open but still supra-aural. The only "over ear" circumaural headphones that LH offers is in F with the Bose QC15. Never came across any open NC headphones, think being open would kinda defeat the NC function!

Also, both the QC3 and QC15 are customised so they don't have the removable batteries or buttons on them so you'd still need to remove your cans to converse with the FAs properly. I personally travel with a pair of Sennheiser MM 550-X, have had enough of snagging headphone cords around objects!!