FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Significant updates to the M&S programme starting 1 June, good or bad?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:53 am
aulrik

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by dhoward
Why would anyone want to pay the same number of miles to upgrade a flight as to buy it outright?
It's TK style - Don't expect a lot of logic and consistency here. I have been loyal to TK for almost 3 years now (traveling 200K+ miles a year) and they never stop surprising me. When they do something that seems way off, you think there is no way they can top this, but yet they find ways and keep presenting even greater stupidities.

Question is, as an Elite member, how best to get hold of TK. Their UK number never works, the Turkish number has you on the phone for ages trying to get through and i submitted a query online, but not holding my breath. May try emailing the UK help desk?

Any ideas?
Do you have a personal connection with a TK ticket office manager somewhere? If not I would simply forget it, even though I totally understand that it pisses you off to get cheated. However, to get any sensible help from the TK customer service in Istanbul is a lost cause unless you are incredible persistent or lucky.