FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last Minute Wanderlust: Cambodia and Thailand in LX J and JL F
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:03 pm
tng11

Last Minute Wanderlust: Cambodia and Thailand in LX J and JL F

Introduction:

Well, I never thought I would be starting on another trip report so soon.

Ever had that overwhelming desire to travel? One afternoon, I was feeling down as I'll admit to becoming addicted to flying (and hadn't been on a plane for about 2 months), and just had to go somewhere for a vacation as I wasn't doing much for the next 2 weeks.

Watching the sunrise at Angkor Wat has been on my list for a while. But every time I've tried to go, something has gotten in my way. But not this time.

This will be the first trip report I am going to write and update as I progress through this trip. All I have plans to do are to spend 2 nights in Phnom Penh, followed by 3 nights in Siem Reap. After that, I'll let my curiosity take me through the next 9 days.

Flight Plan:

Ticket 1:

Air Canada Economy Class Toronto to Montreal
Swiss Business Class Montreal to Zurich
Swiss Business Class Zurich to Hong Kong

If all goes well, the short YYZ-YUL hop will be my first flight on the 787 Dreamliner. Unfortunately, I was only able to book it into economy, though I have a chance at getting an upgrade as I am ticketed on an Aeroplan business award ticket. I have time for lunch in Montreal with an old friend, followed by a day-long layover in Zurich.

Total Cost: 75,000 Aeroplan Miles + $77.46 CAD.

Ticket 2:

Dragonair Hong Kong to Phnom Penh

Total Cost: 7,500 Avios + $45.04 CAD

Ticket 3: (provisional)

Cathay Pacific First Class Bangkok to Hong Kong
Cathay Pacific First Class Hong Kong to Tokyo Narita
Japan Airlines First Class Tokyo Narita to Chicago O'Hare
American Airlines Business Class Chicago O'Hare to Toronto

All I can say is, I'm hoping I don't get CXed with an equipment swap on the first two legs which are respectively on a 77W and 747.

Total Cost: 67,500 AAdvantage Miles + $95.00 CAD + $35 Booking Fee

Trip Report Table of Contents: