FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't let Elite Line help you with hotel room if flight canceled - 50% markup!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:18 am
Outlawbrew

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Don't let Elite Line help you with hotel room if flight canceled - 50% markup!

My flight out of IAH was canceled because of weather. I called elite line to rebook. After the flight was take care of, they asked if I needed help with a hotel. I said yes. He transferred me to someone else. (I thought United - but I was wrong). This person started listing hotels near the airport, with shuttles. I got to the price range I liked and said I would take that one. He wanted my CC information. I thought that was strange, because in the past, when I used the service center, they would set me up with a hotel, give me phone number, and that was it. This time I had to give the CC info. When I got to the hotel I asked about the CC and they told me it was already charged to the CC, and NO refund. (So if the hotel ended up being a dive, I would have to dispute it through my CC.). The hotel was OK, (not great) but I was only going to be there overnight. The part I have the most problem with is when I got my CC bill. The hotel room that was quoted $60 turned out to be $80. It was booked through a third party (Travres*Hotels.com). The third party marked it up about 50% - before taxes. I was never told about this, I assumed (stupid me) it was United, because United didn't say they were transferring me out of the United system. A lesson learned, so beware.