FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is LGW baggage reclaim getting worse?
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:40 am
ozzydo

Programs: BAEC
Swissport at LGW Experiences

What is going on LGW....

Thought I would just share my latest experience with this I was on a BA flight from LGW-PFO and the inbound flight was delayed slightly which is acceptable. So BA had put a 30 minute delay on the flight, which is fine. So we boarded the aircraft and this was completed about 15 minuets before the new expect the departure time.

So it's all going fine currently ready to go....

Until Swissport arrived well they didn't

It came to the new expected arrival time still not left and then to my surprise I looked out the window to see the bags only just started to be offloaded!! This was about 45 minutes after the previous BA flight arrived.... However swissport did get them off quick. In the time from unloading the bags to loading the new ones which was about 2 minuets a Swissport employee went walk a bouts which meant are bags could not be loaded! So by now the flight was delayed by an hour.

Then after another 15 minutes wait the Swissport employee arrived back to the aircraft and loading started this was all completed within another 15 minutes so by now the flight was delayed by 1:30 hours! An hour just down to Swissport!

Not finished yet though!

Next the captain announced that we would be departing within the next 10 minutes! ^
The 10 minutes past and again the captain came on to announce the 'the Swissport man that communicates to the flight deck during the push back has not turned up' we then waited another 20 minutes for them to turn up!

And finally after a 2 hour delay we left the gate! And 1:30 hours due to Swissport!
I'm flying back to LGW tomorrow I hope we don't have to wait to long for are bags to arrive! Which according to some papers could be 5 hours!!!! Really?

Do they need more staff? Bad management? What is all this disruption actually down too?

Please share your Swissport at LGW experiences aswell.