FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on FFPs for a new Abu Dhabi resident
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:48 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will you be eligible for the KLM/AF petroleum card? It seems to automatically give some elite type benefits when flying KLM/AF, and KLM through AMS connecting to KLM or DL could work well for your holiday trips to DTW as well as general travel to Europe and elsewhere for leisure.

I'll echo the advice to consider flights from DXB as well as AUH, but how convenient this is will depend on where you live.

I don't see major advantages of Qatar/oneworld in your case, but I could be wrong. To me, it sounds like too many alliances/airline programs without any gain. With your travel patterns, you should pick one carrier/alliance in addition to Etihad and then decide whether you can get top tier status on both or will need to decide strategically whether to go for top tier on EY and whatever on the other program or something else.