FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank Software Error Appears To Give Free Points
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:26 pm
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Rover75
I've had a fairly broad range of problems with Citibank's online account management systems and their telephone support so I figured I would try and find out if they care about an error which -- if systemic -- could actually cost them some real money. Yes, I got 5 extra miles and no, it obviously doesn't mean diddly squat. But assuming my experience wasn't some freakish fluke, and assuming also that Citibank is seriously indifferent to this error (as they are to several others I have documented with them in the past), it probably will convince me to stop using the AAdvantage MasterCard (think of it as the last straw). I posted the report here primarily to see if anyone else had had the same experience-- in other words, was this some strange one off event or does their software get it wrong consistently? I also assume folks from Citibank read this website so maybe this will get their attention more effectively than the email I sent to their executive office a while back.
LMFAO