FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:14 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jrl767
To my recollection the only other CV440 operator at this time in the southeast was Eastern, so let's try this routing:
  1. Macon (MCN)
  2. Jacksonville (JAX)
  3. Daytona Beach (DAY)
  4. Melbourne (MLB)
  5. Vero Beach (VRB)
  6. Ft Lauderdale (FLL)

How about a Viscount, stopping at Tri-Cities (Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City; TRI) after ATL ... if that's the wrong equipment, I'll have to speculate that this was a DC-6 since I don't think UA ever graced CRW with their Caravelles

Fingers still crossed for Kate
17) Yes indeed, it was Eastern with a Convair 440. Here is the list of guessed and unguessed en route stops thus far:

Flight Origination: Atlanta (ATL)

Stops:

1. Macon (MCN)

2._______________

3. Jacksonville (JAX)

4. ______________

5. ______________

6. Vero Beach (VRB)

Final Destination: Miami (MIA)

18) United was operating a Douglas DC-6 in an all coach configuration on this route. However, this flight did not stop at Tri-Cities Airport (TRI) en route. So here's a hint: the other stop was in Florida between PBI and ATL.

And here's a bonus quiz item....

34) In 1994, what airline was operating direct, one stop jet service six days a week from Daytona Beach (DAB) to Tri-Cities Airport (TRI) in Tennessee? Also identify the equipment and the intermediate stop. And note the aircraft type was not a regional jet. ANSWERED

Last edited by jlemon; Jul 30, 2014 at 7:33 pm Reason: Bonus quiz item & correction & clarification