FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Business Class to Manila from LAX?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:19 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by onebigworld
Thanks to all for helping me. The company is sending me on CX Business flight 881. I'm very pleased. I don't know how meals will be served on this flight, leaving at 1 AM, arriving at 6:45 AM Hong Kong. But my question for this group is this -- the travel agent asked for my frequent flyer number and they put down my NZ one. I think that is because it will transfer more easily to Virgin Atlantic which is what I like to fly to London - does that make sense? Also, I don't see my Global Entry number in the e-ticket receipt they sent.
Your travel agent is confused. Figure out where you want to credit miles for this trip and tell them to enter that FF number. Your GE number won't help on PreCheck exLAX on CX, but it might make it quicker to use the GE machines when you return from Asia; I don't know whether it should be on a CX ticket or not.

Unless your company requires that miles earned from business travel be used for future business travel, you can credit miles to whatever program you please.

BTW, I don't think CX miles can transfer to Virgin Atlantic because that airline is the competitor of BA and AA, which are alliance partners of CX. Normally among major airlines you can credit to other carriers in the same alliance. There are also some bilateral partnerships out there, like AS (plus the Virgins, Gulf carriers, and MH before it joined oneworld).

However, often partner flights earn few or no miles if booked in discounted fare classes, including some cheap or promotional business class fares, so be sure to check the specific earnings for your ticket before deciding what FF number to use.