FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TYP flight redemption: Prestige $0.0133 - $0.016/pt until 7/2017, Premier $0.0125/pt.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:48 am
islandguy84

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Procter
Have you guys figured out the ratio when you are using pts+cash?

I'm trying to book two international tix, but has to do two separate bookings with my wife's account (more pts) and mine (150k less pts). The ticket run at 1280 in cash and 1020k pts. basically I found out my account is gonna pay out slightly more (if you take 1pt as 1c, plus the cash you have to pay and compare it with the all cash price). I'm wondering if there's a sweet spot of using pts+cash, so that I can transfer some of our pts around to max the discount.

Also I see the $40ish difference compare to the Kayak price for United directly. What's my best strategy to get this difference back? I saw the #190 post, but I'm not in the mood to waste 50min on the phone (I probably have to call twice? since I'm using two different accounts to book)

Thanks.
If you're interested, you should also have Citi merge you and your wife's TY accounts into one. It requires faxing in a paper form so most likely won't be done quickly but definitely makes it easier when you and your significant other both earn TY points. One side benefit of this is that while you cannot transfer points earned from banking (if you also earn TYP this way) to another person, they do get deposited into the joint account.