FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:39 am
lafemmeriante

I ended up saving more than the Passenger Usage Fee by buying at the counter! DFW-SJD next week. Online the standard fare was totaling out at about $350.56, and by driving out to DFW I ended up paying only $286.20!

Particularly amazing because it's an international flight (low season, though) within 14 days of departure. The next closest price was on AA for $781! I'd call that major score!

A little nervous about my first Spirit flight because of all of the negativity, but honestly: it's non-stop, so delays shouldn't affect me too much if they occur, and I'm traveling to my house down there where I keep clothes and toiletries and stuff, so packing light shouldn't be a problem at all...I don't plan on checking or carrying on anything other than my "personal item"--a small soft-sided duffle that will easily compact down under the seat when shoved.

The only upgrade I'm considering is switching my seat for a Big Front Seat, which is $50 each way. Thoughts? Recommendations?