FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GCH "enhancement": denied priority boarding [at TLV]
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:58 pm
paulwuk

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Except that one might argue that status passengers on the whole are more experienced travellers and generally manage to board/find seat/stow luggage more efficiently and quickly than others.....
I had a gaggle of women at security this evening, all waiting for the lovely security lady to frisk someone. The security bloke was idle, so I caught his eye and walked to the front and through, grabbed my laptops, into the bag, and walked off while putting my belt back on. Usual stuff.

However the protests as I marched through: "There's a queue don't you know, my flight's in 30 minutes and I'm not pushing" came the screams as I went through. Sigh. I'm hardly a frequent flyer and even I know that there's effectively two queues at heathrow through the arch.

A glance back as I exited the hall showed that the first woman from the gaggle had gone through and amazingly enough her bangles had set off the detector. Bags were piling up on the "to be scanned" pile.

Foolishly I'd taken the "pleb-track", not the "fast-track", as there were fewer people queueing. Fast track moved far better. In the words of Clooney: Asians.