FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GCH "enhancement": denied priority boarding [at TLV]
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:05 pm
South London Bon Viveur

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by paul4040
Both. Club Europe and Euro Traveller, and quite a few domestics.

In fact the whole priority boarding thing is nonsense in my eyes. Get rid of it altogether. When you have an 737/Airbus with status passengers and CE passengers - both sets of those passengers will be seated at or towards the front. Every time I've gone to, say, 2A, I need to stow a bag, so I stand in the aisle, blocking everyone else who gets on.

It is bizarre that passengers at the rear aren't the first to board in the interest of on-time departures. There is often so much unnecessary faffing. I would prefer to be able to saunter up as one of the last, and take my seat with little fuss.

I can see where you're going though. Passengers with hand baggage only should be policed more effectively. I typically have a hard case in the overhead locker and a small bag which always goes under the seat in front. CE pax have no excuse; there's an empty middle seat to put a bag under.
Except that one might argue that status passengers on the whole are more experienced travellers and generally manage to board/find seat/stow luggage more efficiently and quickly than others.....