FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Significant updates to the M&S programme starting 1 June, good or bad?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:53 am
aulrik

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by geirfugl
The redemption levels for customers with Garanti bank credit cards have reverted to the old levels,my guestimate is that abouth 95 percent of TKs turkish status customers use this card,while 99 percent of their foreign customers cannot obtain it. So is this making a 2 tier system or not?,in my opinion it is,bcs this credit card is not generally available outside of Turkey,I can travel from OSL to Tanzania for 20K,you pay,I believe,4o K.That is rather fishy to me,and I would supose even more to YOU!!!

The acrual is still the same,but it would not surprise me if there will be good news comming.The text of the mail I received says that there are "no bad news abouth MS",so it would not surprise me if extra acrual is forthcoming in the future,quite possibly in the form of some sort of bonus miles for customers with Garanti Bank TK afiliated cards,but this is ofcs only speculation,but highly logical given the wording of their message.
It is quiet interesting if TK decides to discriminate their foreign member to such an extend. I have no numbers, but I would assume that a large portion of their high-revenue MS members are foreigners and this is for sure not a way to keep them happy.

There have always been huge downsides with TK, but I and many others have chosen to still be loyal because of the upsides, but at some point the downsides gets too big and people are moving to other airlines.