FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Denver Roll Call?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:48 pm
SkiCO

Programs: AA EXP, HGP Diamond, UA PP
Recovering Den1K...had enough merger mess, RJs and terrible CPU%

I used to fly UA and was 1K for a few years based in DEN. I am a mix of 75% international in Y or J. The integration mess and terrible CPU percentages drove me to try AA. I haven't looked back. For domestic flyers I can see why you would stick with UACO or dabble with WN but all international travel on UACO is at least a trip to IAH, IAD or EWR. Only IAH is decent and those other two are turds. For AA I can go to ORD or DFW in the same one hop to most int destinations and get upgraded everytime (at least until DP has his way).

AA's CR7 service Den-LAX is not great but I am always upgraded as an Explat and American Eagle actually serves food I might eat. Now AA Den- ORD service is a mix of E175s and mainline which are both good and always upfront. For the northwest US I fly Alaskan and although I'm not upgraded, i get an exit row seat and treated very well. To Miami I haven't quite figured out the AA schedule, it was 2x757 daily service but that seems to be diminishing to 1X depending on the season but on that flight its a good meal upfront followed by a sundae. Quick hops to DFW on the MadDogs are easy and I can one hop to LATAM, Europe or HKG/PVG/NRT. This last year the 777W has been a real pleasure, MCE their E+ equivalent is good, J with all direct aisle access is excellent. Oneworld isn't the best to Europe but everywhere else it is great with access to int F lounges for showers and real meals in Syd, Mel and HKG and lots of other places. Star Alliance doesn't compare.

I will reevaluate after this AA/US merger integration but I have been enjoying 98% upgrades out of Den and an airline that when they do mess up, makes it right. I'd suggest reevaluating if UACO is really giving you the best bang for your buck.