FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK, EWR, LGA co-terminals - No longer able to switch airports on an award ticket?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:10 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by arlflyer
So Jon - does this apply to revenue tickets, everything? And is that only on the back end? I seem plenty of these itineraries, mixed-metal and JFK to LGA or vice versa, showing up on AA.com. Will they just not ticket through?
This is a standard entry in the MCT rules as shown on EF et al, so applies to all tickets

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
Your interpretation is debatable. It is explicitly mentioned that intra-city connections are allowed on domestic to international or international to domestic awards.

Technically, this is an international award despite having multiple domestic segments. So, I think that this falls under the exception mentioned. Either that, or the rep OP spoke to didn't catch up on these new rules.
Connections intra-city are only permitted where the connection is a legal connection. With the MCT rules listed , you managed to get something that would seem to be an exception to the rules

That it is an international award is not relevant as to whether a connection is valid. The only thing that would seem to be debatable is whether a flight to SJU is domestic as far as MCT rules apply since D-I is permitted whilst D-D is suppressed