FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK, EWR, LGA co-terminals - No longer able to switch airports on an award ticket?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:29 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by justind
Well, it took me three "hang-up and call backs" and about 4 hours on the phone before I finally booked (ticket "on request" anyways) exactly what I wanted. No explanation was given, nor asked for.
Seems like you got lucky based on what I unearthed:

Suppressed Connections (back to top)
Intra city airport connections in the New York City or Washington DC markets are not permitted on domestic to domestic connections. When booking an itinerary that includes a connection between two airports we should always verify the connecting time. When verifying the connecting time and a response of "Connection Suppressed Between Segments X And X" is returned, the connection is invalid and should not be booked.
  • Domestic is defined as 50US, Puerto Rico & the US Virgin Islands
  • Domestic to domestic connections will be suppressed in the New York City/Washington DC markets
    • A connection is defined as under 4 hours. Connections exceeding 4 hours will be considered a stopover and will return a "Minimum Connect Time Edit Valid For All Connections" response when minimum connection time is verified.
    • Customers who book itineraries with a stopover will be required to purchase the applicable fare and or award based on the stopover
  • This suppression is only on domestic to domestic connections
    • Intra city connections will continue to be permitted when travel is domestic to international or international to domestic when the minimum connection times are met
-- keep an eye on ticketing, etc.

Last edited by JonNYC; Jul 22, 2014 at 10:39 pm