FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW-PVG and DFW-HKG Starting Summer 2014 [route discussion]
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:13 am
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BrianV
I had breakfast at Wing this morning, I thought it was excellent. Incredible for lounge food and at par if not great by restaurant quality. The fruit was incredibly fresh and the made to order Fried Eggs, bacon and sausage were excellent. Bacon was crisp and sausage was of German bratwurst quality. On the eggs, the waitress asked how would I like it prepared. I said over-easy, which is a term that outside of North America is rarely understood and she completely understood it; my eggs came back perfect. To my surprise and delight, some perfectly grilled/fried roma tomatoes accompanied my dish. I was very satisfied with the dish.

I did head to Pier as my gate was next to it. I went into the make-shift "first" area. They had strong enforcement for First/Emerald there. The same menu I was presented at Wing was delivered, but I didn't indulge. The seats and general ambiance at Pier was incomparable to the opulence of Wing. There was more staff at Pier though, Wing was very quiet and chill in comparison.

I'll try the lounges again on Friday during mid-day to compare notes.

I did the same thing yesterday! Started at the Wing for breakfast, where I had a delicious omelet, then headed to the Pier. I ended up not staying in the tiny F makeshift section because I wanted to roam around more in the Pier and see the Noodle Bar, self-service options, etc. I did not use the Cabanas at the Wing....maybe next time!

One big annoyance departing HKG is that they do a 100% carry-on bag search on the jetbridge (like in India and Deep South America), so you cannot bring bottled water or any other liquids purchased post-security (except sealed duty free, I assume).