FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi ThankYou Points (TYPs): airline and hotel transfer partners
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:14 pm
Rus925

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mia
Not surprising. Citi does not want Premier or Prestige to cannibalize their AAdvantage cards.
So why do Chase and AmEx offer transfers to MileagePlus and SkyPesos, respectively? I would guess they're waiting for AA and US programs to merge, maybe for a contract stipulation with Barclaycard to expire.

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
This is even more disappointing than the time when Chase kept stalling with putting an EMV chip into CSP (for no real reason as it turns out) and it doesn't even have real pin capability
I thought the goal was to push people into the JPM Select card that lacked a bunch of CSP's bonuses. They got rid of JPM Select a while back, but they seem to be turning CSP into the Select card: dropping the 7% annual bonus but bringing primary rental coverage.

Originally Posted by roki
If my Earning + Redemption + Transferable balance isn't an error, it looks like they definitely use points earned with Banking/Taxable points first, which I guess makes sense. In a way that's nice, because you can burn through the banking points without decreasing the number you're able to transfer.
I think they use the earliest-expiring points first. As points from the Preferred-level and higher cards don't expire, that leaves your banking points, which, I think, expire after three years.