FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2014)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 am
Phil Level

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Same situation here - this is the last business trip (read: high CPM) UA is getting from me, and the PS segment is my final flight (others are Q4 cheaper leisure trips already upgraded).

It should clear...but I of course expect dodginess in the interim.
I'm betting it'll clear... however you'll waste time (as do I) checking daily(since you may or may not get an email that UG has cleared), and then since the UG system never really clears it, you'll have to call in. At least that's what I've come to expect. Then it comes down to whether I can snag a seat in row 1 or 5, or cram my feet into the small footwell. That's the norm for me.

Right now, I'm sitting on a September LAX-JFK red-eye waiting for it to clear, but my return flight cleared at booking. In the old days, the red-eye would clear at booking, and I'd be sweating the JFK-LAX segment. Things have flip-flopped in that respect, or so has been my own observation last few trips to NYC.