FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major limitation (or glitch) booking car rental at United.com
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:21 am
DBCme

Major limitation (or glitch) booking car rental at United.com

Reasons not to book a car rental at united.com aside....

When I go through the basic information of reserving a car I encounter one major and at least one minor problem:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ar/search.aspx

Major:
-Although one selects the city to pickup the car, at no point during the reservation are you given a choice of location within the city. Using Avis, for example, in Los Angeles they have many (dozens) of locations. Yet, at no point during the booking process can you choose. Does it assume airport locations only???

Minor:
-The car types are listed (ie: full size, standard, etc.) but not other functions, such as automatic or manual. In the U.S. we take it for granted automatic is always available (default), but in other countries automatic transmission is less common and often priced at a premium.

Have others seen these problems?
Seems like that much more of a reason not to use united.com to book car rentals?

Update: When I click on taxes/fees, it shows airport taxes. So it seems a major assumption by United is that everyone booking a car on their website knows it is for airport locations only.