FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:13 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
Because context is key to everything. Just to give examples, some forums quickly close relevant threads at the end of a year and start brand new ones every year. Other ones keep mega threads going. Some have a ton of stickies, some don't. Some have hundreds of posts a day, some have five or fewer. Should Dining Buzz! really be moderated the same way as British Airways? I don't think so.

I do agree that people who are violating the TOS should be dealt with uniformly, but I think there's a lot of gray area to what constitutes such a violation.
Well, the TOS issues seem most relevant to DP's little rant. Those should be uniform, but aren't, and often that would seem to be a turnoff to a newbie.

More than thread mgmt and style issues, it's a matter of tone and atmosphere. That is where I've often thought that a smiling, friendly sounding blog will attract more flies if FT becomes too vinegary.