FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight attendant demanded that l delete the picture!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:31 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Beliebe it or not: There is a world outside your home jurisdiction and privacy is an important civil right in our country.
As someone who has lived outside his home country and continent for most of his life, I am well aware of this and don't require a snarky reminder from you.

If you read my previous comment, you would have noted that I made great pains to explain that individuals travelling abroad need to be aware of local culture and norms. I also explained that people working in international professions, such as airlines, also need to be sensitive of differing cultural norms from among their clientele.

In fact, you should have reserved your comment for the original German poster, who made the assumption that German law and custom regarding privacy extended to 'most other countries in the world'. It was that comment, which largeeyes and myself were pointing out was incorrect. I was not saying that Canadian customs and laws applied to Germany, but rather emphasizing Zap7's point that the strict German privacy laws were not the norm throughout the world.