FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:32 pm
BrunswickSq

Preferred OW FFP

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
I'd say, in reverse order: upgrades on travel, better award access, lounge access
(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
<25000 miles - <25 flights?)
(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
cheapest
(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Yes, Pleasure
(5) Which routes do you fly most often?
Intra European
(6) What is your home airport?
LHR
(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
I'm a blue BAEC member with about 12k miles in the bank (separate to this question I also have 129k miles in VS flying club)
(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
BA / LH / EZ

In August I am flying as follows:

AY834 LHR-HEL (BA Codeshare)
AY081 HEL-SIN
AY5915 SIN-SYD (BA Codeshare)
QF127 SYD-HKG
AY070 HKG-HEL
AY5905 HEL-LHR

Flying in J

This, if I use my BAEC would give me 28K miles and 720 tier points, normally enough to put me into Silver with the concomitant lounge access etc. However, I need 4 BA flights in the year for this to be the case and currently I haven't used BA at all this year - and my year ends the day after I get back, so I couldn't tack a few flights on afterwards.

Should I forget about tier level, and just enjoy the 28k miles or should I use Finnair for the equivalent miles in their programme and also get the silver tier?

Or, is there another option I haven't thought of?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Ian