FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated PVG connections / connection time / logistics / lounges
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:22 am
uanj

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I stopped by the business lounge side last week and I was NOT impressed. It was VERY crowded ( around 11am-Noon on a Thursday) and the food was pretty minimal. Drink choices were very small and I eventually found where they were hiding the minimal liquor around the corner. They had a couple bottles of self-serve wine. Now there is a liquor bar on the first floor but I didn't try that to see if anything was complimentary. Maybe I just needed to look harder but I didn't have much time to spend there.
I cannot speak for the quality or variety of the bar but drinks are complimentary.

Originally Posted by harryhood
Just tried out the new Air China business lounge (UA GS, going PVG-LAX on UA199). Was there from 530pm until 7:15pm.

-- Far better food quality and food choices than the old lounge. Delicious fried rice!
-- Everything is brand new
-- Wine plentiful but not great quality
-- Soda/beer fridge well stocked but there was a pool of water at the bottom
-- AC vents were blasting, making it uncomfortably cold in certain spots
-- Crowded but you could still easily find a seat with no one sitting next to you
-- No view of the tarmac.

Overall this is a massive upgrade compared to the old lounge, but you do lose a view out the window and there are some bugs to be worked out.
Just curious, were you traveling in BF as a GS on UA? Normally they would give you a lounge invitation for the FC lounge.