FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Renting with the Paypal Business Debit Mastercard
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:09 pm
Rettahs

Just An Update

Just to update my original post in case anyone else finds this thread by searching on the forums or Google and they are looking for information about using the Paypal Business Debit card rent a car.

I had no problem renting a car with Alamo at the Tampa airport using my Paypal Business Debit card. I did have to show my round trip with return ticket information but the process went very smoothly.

The best thing about the Alamo rental was that they just put a hold on the amount of the rental and there was no deposit amount withheld. I guess other companies put a hold for a deposit ranging from $100 to $500 but there was no such hold at all besides the original rental amount.

The Paypal Business Debit Card does not cover the CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) like a lot of other credit cards cover so I ended up just getting some CSA travel insurance for 54 bucks to cover my 11 day trip and it has CDW coverage included in the policy.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out. Take care...