View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 14, 12:53 am
A351

Programs: EK (G), VS (G), EY (G), BA (B) & HH (D)
I have been upgraded pretty much all locations I fly from (incl LHR & LGW) but mostly from Y to J. A few times, two of us or the family of four have been upgraded. It may be because I have been Skywards Gold pretty much since the prog started, I think.

I have been informed by a number of EK ground staff that Platinum has preference over Gold for Op Ups so I don't think Gold members are jumping the queue.

I don't mind if someone else gets upgraded and I don't..... we all need to take turns.

On a slightly different but related note; last year I flew an Asian carrier for the first time and at check-in I overheard a conversation that Y was oversold. I said to the check-in staff that it was my first flight with them and if they are upgrading anyone, would they consider me. And, they did move me J at the gate.

Also, a long time ago, I was a BA Gold for a number of years; pretty much form when the prog started. I was upgraded once from J to F and Y to C; just two upgrades in years! Then, the entire family was moved from Y to J (and not to PE!) when flying on reward tickets. May be the return journey had something to do with this double cabin upgrade, especially when my status was Blue. The metal we were flying back on was Concorde!

There is one thing you should avoid if you would like to be considered for an upgrade. Avoid ordering a special meal!