FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The grass is not greener: Experiences of a DM at United
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:23 am
HeadInTheClouds

Originally Posted by youngdlplat
(2) UA gives automatic upgrades to Y and B class fares where DL only does that for Y class fares. This is a very big benefit that is not discussed enough. For my flights, Y can be $1100 whereas B class is $800, and both are refundable and changeable. I think making B-class an upgrade-at-booking benefit is a very business-flyer-friendly move.
+ on M fares if you're 1K/GS.

Originally Posted by youngdlplat

(4) I am still shocked--shocked I say--that full-fare tickets on UA don't get free E+. My firm pays for it, so it was fine for me, but on DL M-class and above gets E+ for free. If the B-class upgrade issue on UA is business-flyer-friendly, then the lack of free E+ for expensive Y fares is the opposite.
This is one rule I too am still shocked has survived until today. When it first came out years ago on pmUA, I figured it would be wiped away quickly... yet it survives today.

Originally Posted by Mr. Doug
The website is usable and far superior to UA.
You're still in your honeymoon phase with DL - don't let the bling fool you. UA's website ain't pretty, but on balance, it is more functional that DL's.