FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new Air China lounge Shanghai Pudong
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:49 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm wondering how this works. Is the security line never busy, or do you use a priority line? I'm going there tomorrow and flying in J and have a few hours to see the city so it would be good to know.

BTW, flying J on NZ. Anyone know if I'll be directed to the new CA lounge?
I arrive at the airport two hours before for international flights. Check-in and security is normally fairly quick, but on bad days i have been in the passport queue for 30 minutes at Shanghai.

At Shanghai they now have a checked bag security check which means you can't even get your boarding pass until it has passed security. If your bag is flagged, you need to go to a special room where the bag is inspected, and if there are three or four people in front of you it can take some time before you get your bag cleared. A large size aerosol can get your bag flagged.

I then have 1 hour in the lounge(s) before boarding the plane. I don't see any particular need to arrive at the airport just 60 minutes before, or any reason to outright avoid lounges. They are just fine to sit, relax, have a drink and chill.