FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific First to New York, & a sombre visit to the 9/11 Memorial Museum (CX F)
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:13 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
That said, your comments have incited me to rant. So here I go.
I agree with pretty much all you said...but, that is what the OP gets for eating late in Midtown.

[QUOTE=Frequent_Flyer1;23160960
And your example of leaving $20 for a $13 cerainly does seem a little bit excessive, doesn't it? [/QUOTE]

This is where I slightly diverge from agreeing with PlatBrownGuy. I live above a bar and go to many regularly, for the $3 special glasses of wine last night at Julius or the $12 spiced margarita at BBar I will usually leave $2 for the first round I get and then after that it's usually a $1. What gives me the red a$$ is when I see people during happy hour/2for1 who on their second free drink don't go up and leave something.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Wow, must have been a moving experience, to be at the same spot where the two towers collapsed and so many innocent people lost their lives on that tragic day.

Looks like they have done a great job, both with the memorial and the museum. Very beautiful, touching as well as educational.
It's a great tourist trap. Talk to families of the victims, first responders and those in/around lower Manhattan during 9/11 and many of them won't go and have serious issues with it.