FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Atatürk airport
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:26 am
vicarious_MR'er

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by LuxuryRogue
I took the next flight ca. 4 hours later and in the meantime very much enjoyed the shower, food, etc in the IST lounge.

BTW: I missed my flight although I completely jumped the queue at central security. Just the bus gate plus the walkways - and the confusion at security - took too long. With the old security at the adjacent gates, I would have made my flight though. So, naturally, I am not yet a fan of the new system.
How long was your layover (in reality based on true landing times, not scheduled landing)? We are supposed to land at 16:15-16:30ish. I hope that isn't the worst time of day. I am desperately worried that TK sold us a ticket they can't adhere to for airport congestion reasons and for chronically late flight reasons. They have a min connection time for IST of 60m (our ticket is 1h45m), but all these horror stories have me very worried and makes me wonder how they arrived at 60m.

Even though I've traveled extensively, the chaos of IST has me a little anxious since I'll have my husband and kids with me. The thought of waiting in a huge line to miss our flight and then have to fend for ourselves (and keep track of kids) in the chaos I hear about the service center for rebooking and everything else has got me a bit

Thank you!!