FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands, Left SPG 1 Apr 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:47 am
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Good one-night Plat stay at Pulitzer

Having seen the anecdotal complaints here on FT after our excellent Hotel Pulitzer stay in late 2011, I was wondering what to expect for a one-night return stay this week.

Pleased to say, even though the hotel was sold out, it went very well. ^

We had reserved (on Starpoints) a King room for two people, a basic Deluxe. My SNA failed to clear. Expecting little, I checked in and was pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a courtyard-view Executive King. Large, modern furnishings, very pleasant and quiet on the inside with a view of the garden and courtyard. And, honestly, because it was the night of the Netherlands-Argentina World Cup came, a quieter inside view trumped any canal-facing view.

As a Plat, breakfast was the amenity -- plus, like the earlier poster, we also received our 500 "Welcome" points as an unexpected additional amenity. We also had a nice welcome tray of fresh fruit waiting for us in the room. Internet was free, of course, as Plat.

It's a wonderful property, quirky and well-appointed. I'm delighted our return visit was as good as our first one. We had no complicated advance requests (unless others who have had issues), and the property more than delivered on Plat recognition.