FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turnaround time: AF and EZE
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:55 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Another AF ORY-NCE yesterday. This time with family so I had to check bags. The waiting line was very long, well beyond Paul in Hall 2; took some 20 minutes. Typical example of poor AF organization. A single person (two after many complaints) was checking that everything was in order just before the new automatic luggage "boxes". Because there were many infrequent travelers, quite a few had not retrieved their tags and stuck it properly on their bags. That delayed everyone and two or three "boxes" were unused at all time. Hence the facilities were used at only 70% of their capacity. It would have been more efficient to perform the check deeper in the line but the AF agents remained stubbornly at the entrance of the bag deposit. and worked very slowly; very charming as usual but totally inefficient.
To be fair, the line got shorter half an hour later, but AF should be able to deal with peak hours in an efficient way. Did not need more man power (as the agents claimed), just better organization.
BTW Orbitmic, I again landed at a gate where I could use the escalator but it was out of order. From comments by other pax, it seems quite frequently the case.

Last edited by brunos; Jul 11, 2014 at 6:17 am