FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:29 am
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I am in the T2 Club right now. It is now my favorite UA Club world wide...IMO beats HKG and NRT which were my two faves before. The bar is tended and everything is free...they've even got signature cocktails.

The decor is excellent..really decent food...soups (today minted pea, and a squash soup), eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, wraps, sandwiches, self serve soft drinks and juices...they've even got several flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegar for dipping bread or for seasoning your food or dressing your salad. Power ports everywhere. It's bright and spacious with good tarmac views. Showers available..I'm not using them today but they've got em.

The people have been friendly and welcoming...most everyone on this board including myself always says about genuine UA enhancements "it's nice but if only they could have...".. but I've got nothing negative to say about this Club. Good job United.

It is indeed a long walk from the main terminal 2 to (which is also really nice) to the B gates..they have signs saying to allow 15 minutes AFTER you clear security. I'm a fast walker and I got to the Club in about 7 minutes..but you could do it in 4-5 minutes if you walk up and down the long escalators (I just stood on the escalators, but walked on the underground moving sidewalks). The hike is similar (a bit longer) to the one at ORD between B and C, but the escalators on each end are much longer at Heathrow.

I'm on UA984 to IAH today and boarding is delayed due to a mechanical...and they announced it in the Club just beofre I was going to head to the gate...and since I've got a 2.5 hour cushion at IAH before my flight to SEA this evening I am actually happy there is a delay because I get to spend more time in here....my good mood will change if the delay is super long and/or I have to connect on a flight and not upgraded. But at least I can say that if having to be stranded in an airport this is now my first choice.