FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CrankyFlier: Blaming United's problems on Continental (and v.v.) is the problem
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:16 am
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by joshwex90
How does an old livery change anything? CO was a great SMALL airline before the merger, who treated regular customers well, and elites a bit better. UA was a mess LARGE airline who treated elites GREAT and non-elites HORRIBLY. That doesn't make 1 better than the other. If the CO route network works and you're not elite, CO! If CO doesn't help and you're elite, UA! Anything in the middle - half a dozen of one, six of the other.
CO was a fantastic airline when based at LAX and run by Robert F. Six. When Frank Lorenzo took over and moved it to the "Lone Star State" it turned to crap. CO came back years later, through a couple of bankruptcies and did improve service.

UA as well, was a fantastic airline. When I was a "non-elite" on UA - I was never treated HORRIBLY.

Originally Posted by joshwex90
And honestly, I couldn't care less what it says on the plane. I care how the CS reps treat me. I'd rather the elite treatment of PMUA and the non-elite treatment of PMCO. Instead, everything sucks, and somehow that's because of SHARES and the CO livery?
I think the employees care, and that is why CS sucks. It comes down to this CEO, Unions and BOD. Get it together.

As stated up-thread - what should the Unions and Management do? Base everything on date of hire (If hired on the same date - birthday -oldest first). Than work as a team - TEAM UA. DL figured it out in about 3 years.

Than pour me a drink in 2B Pre-flt, put a smile on, say thank you, serve a decent meal, pour a few more drinks and say you are proud you work for the "new UA" - with new management.

Until than, I will continue to fly DL and AA, or UA on nonstop only.