FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CrankyFlier: Blaming United's problems on Continental (and v.v.) is the problem
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:57 pm
united4
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nibaruian
Crankyflier completely, unmitigatedly, unequvically nailed it.

Except that UA has been a mess for at least the last 30 years. I have looked at the CO-UA merger as voluntairly wanting to contract Hep C.

Your first clue was Larry Kellner, a top finance guy, looking at the books, and passing, and taking retirement when he was overruled.

Your second clue is Jeff Smisek, who I swear has aged a good 15 years in the last 3.

It's sad. I mean, I used to live in LA and will be back for good soon (serving a sentence in Vegas right now, when my house goes up another 15%, i'm out of here). I chose CO because I didn't want to fly UA.

BTW, I'm 300K from MM status, and am not sure how much aggravation I want to put up with to get it. I'm also not sure Smisek won't take it away from me by the time I get there. Right now, I'm guessing 2022 to make it.
What a huge load of BS. 30 years ago CO was the biggest pile of crap flying this side of Aeroflot. Even Jeff Smisek himself admitted that he purposely avoided them, and we all know how much he loves his precious Continental.

United's problems started with the dot com bubble, which wasn't their fault and then 9/11 which also was out of their control. CO meanwhile took more than one trip the bankruptcy court while others like United were flying high.