FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CrankyFlier: Blaming United's problems on Continental (and v.v.) is the problem
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:11 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Let me give you a little history lesson. The FA group is still separated. sCO FAs can only work sCO aircraft and sUA FAs can only work sUA aircraft. That's why FAs still refer to it as sCO/sUA. And where in any thread have I mentioned I haven't gotten over that the Continental name went away?
I'll give you that much of the UA fleet was looking slightly tattered, although the IPTE J/F was nice. United had launched broader plans to address this though before the take over, including new A/C Orders.

But I think you have to give the pmUA elites that TOD upgrades and downgraded service quality came with the merger, and we lost our "special handling."

Re employees, its just Sad that Jeff did not focus on getting an agreement done. DAL and AAL could go it, but Jeff was too smug that if he just sat pat, he would get a better deal. Now there is bad blood. It was not there in 2010-11, and only started with the 3/2/12 change over.